Taste of Work
Taste of Work is a great way to gain some practical skills and to find out about the world of work.
Tasters are available in many departments including Coffee Revolution, Santander, 301, Bar One, the Edge and more.
For 2017-18, we are again offering our Taste of Work programme to all University of Sheffield students with little or no previous work experience.
By registering for a Taste of Work you will have the opportunity to:
- undertake a SINGLE, bitesize (3-4 hr) work taster with a University or Students' Union department;
- access a short MOLE course with tips on CVs, creative job searching and using social media to find part-time work;
- obtain a certificate to record your participation in Taste of Work.
Is Taste of Work for you?
You can apply to take part if:
- you have NO (or limited) previous work experience – priority when matching will be given to those with least experience;
- you are a current student at the University of Sheffield;
- you are looking for a part-time job but have not yet found work;
- you are able to commit to complete the session offered to you (the date will be agreed in advance).
What will I do?
Register and you could gain work experience in any of the following:
(The more sectors you choose, the more likely you are to be matched to a taster!)
How will I benefit?
- You will gain some work experience and skills in a real work situation.
- You will build your confidence in the workplace.
- You will have the opportunity to meet and observe staff at work.
- You will gain experience to add to your CV when looking for part time or temporary work.
- You will gain an insight into the working of the University or Students’ Union.
- You will gain access to additional job hunting resources via MOLE and may obtain a certificate to record your participation.
Ready to apply?
Make sure you have your timetable so you can tell us when you are free to undertake your taster – please note that all tasters take place between 9am-5pm
When you are ready to apply, please read the Taste of Work guidelines – these tell you what to expect and what to wear. We will contact you by email if you are matched to a Taste of Work – please check your inbox regularly to ensure you don’t miss out.
Registration for Taste of Work Semester 1 is now open.
*You must be on a campus network to register