Support for departments
The Careers Service provides strategic and practical support for departments through the Departmental Employability Lead (DEL) to identify and action a programme level view, and integration, of support for employability within the curriculum. An outline of support available is given below but support is not limited to these activities.
- Sharing a whole University view of curriculum integration to support understanding of possible approaches, for all students and researchers Mapping of current provision and identification of gaps
- Support for student reflection on skills, attributes and experience
- Input into design and delivery of academic modules, whether wholly or in part focussed on employability, and whether credit bearing or not
- Support for design and implementation of assessment and feedback
- Support for academic and professional staff on career management skills and enabling student reflection
Support for employer engagement and placements
- Links to employers to provide input into programme design; input into modules; opportunities for student research, projects, placements
- Support to raise understanding, aspiration, application to and uptake of placements, as well as support for departments managing the full placement process, including Health and Safety
- Convention de Stage - if your students wish to undertake an placement in France, it is required by French law that they complete a Convention de Stage. Details are available on the right.
- Provide information for use with prospective students, covering the career benefits of higher education and opportunities after a degree
- Provide information on central Careers Service activities to enable development of tailored complementary departmental provision
- Support for understanding needs of different students groups and tailoring of support, e.g., WP, international students
Your support is essential in supporting student employability.
The Careers Service welcomes the opportunity to work collaboratively with departments and is always pleased to discuss your needs and ideas.
Please contact the Departmental Employability Lead (DEL) in your department or the named Careers Adviser listed below.
|How you can support your students||