Symposium in honour of Charles Stirling's 85th birthday
Charles Stirling will celebrate his 85th birthday in December, and to mark the occasion the Department has organised a half-day symposium. The speakers will be the group of organic chemists, who were appointed when Charles was head of department.
The symposium will be held on Wednesday December 9th in the Richard Roberts Auditorium. The programme of seven half-hour talks starting from 13:30.
The speakers are:
- Prof. Varinder Aggarwal (Bristol),
- Prof. Jim Anderson (UCL),
- Prof. Jane Grasby (Sheffield),
- Prof. Joe Harrity (Sheffield),
- Prof. Chris Hunter (Cambridge),
- Prof. Alan Spivey (Imperial),
- Prof. Nick Williams (Sheffield).
All are, of course, warmly invited: please come for an afternoon of good science and to help give Charles the celebration he deserves.