If you use Firefox on the PC you will need to make some small changes for it to work with University software systems. Services affected are:
Update Security Settings
In order to use University systems you will need to configure the security settings as follows:
- Click the Firefox button in the top-left corner, or Tools from the menu bar.
- Select Options then from the sub-menu select Options again.
- In the dialogue box, click the Content icon.
- Ensure the Block popup windows option is checked, then click the Exceptions button to the right.
- Type each web address below into the top field then click the Allow button.
- myJob, myTeam, myPurchase:
- For example, to add MOLE to the list you would type the text vista.shef.ac.uk into the top field and click the Allow button.
- Once you have added all the services you require click the Close button followed by the OK button in the original dialogue box to return to the main window.
Firefox is now configured to use web-based services at the University.