Server specification and configuration
This information should help you to decide whether cPanel meets the technical requirements of any specific software you may wish to install.
- Operating System: CloudLinux OS 7
- Apache: 2.4
- PHP: 5.6 or 7.1 (5.3 temporarily available to support transition of legacy code to a newer PHP version)
- MySQL: 5.6
- Firewall: most outbound and inbound connections are blocked
- Shell access (SSH): shell access is not available
- HTTPS access: this is available by default for standard cPanel web addresses
- Backups: full account backups are taken daily. The most recent is kept, as well as one from a week and a month ago. Individual file restoration from retained backups is possible. N.B. you should also keep your own copies of any important data on your cPanel account.