Using the Friend Locator
Does the friend locator compromise my privacy?
No. The Friend Locator works by mutual consent. You must both choose to share your location information with each other.
- If you have not chosen to share your location information, you will not be visible to your friend.
- If your friend has not chosen to share their location information, they will not be visible to you.
How do I find a friend?
- Go to 'My Sharing Options' in the Friend Locator menu.
- Set 'Share my location with' to 'Friends' or 'All'.
- Go to 'Invite Friends' in the Friend Locator menu.
- Search for a friend and tap the + symbol to add them to your list.
How do my friends find me?
Your friends must first share their location information, then search for and add you as a friend.
What do the Green / Amber / Red status lights next to a friend's name mean?
The status lights next to a friend's name in the 'View my Friends' list indicate how recent their location data is:
- Green - their location was updated within the hour.
- Amber - their location was updated within the day.
- Red - they are not sharing their location information.
How accurate is the Friend Locator on campus?
Tests indicate that location information may be up to 30 metres out on campus.