Most modern printers have what is known as the Duplex capability, which means they can print on both sides of the paper. However, you may sometimes have to tell your computer that this is possible before you can use this capability. You do this is two stages.
The instructions for doing this vary from printer to printer, but for most Windows computers you need to follow the instructions below:
- Click the start button
- Choose Settings
- Choose Printers and Faxes
- Select the printer you want to use (your Default printer will have a little tick next to it)
- In the main menu go to File and Properties
- For HP printers, on the general tab you may see 'Double-sided: Yes.' If not you may have to go to the Configuration Tab and Select Duplex Unit: Installed
- Select file then Printing Prefernces
- If there is a Finishing Tab, there may well be a 'print on both sides' option. Ensure that this is ticked.
If in doubt contact your departmental IT Support or the CiCS helpdesk on 0114 222 1111