Set up student printing on Linux (Ubuntu 11.x)
If you have the old student printers, please remove them first.
To set up student printers on your Linux computer, you will need to use Terminal to run commands. This will set up the student-black-and-white and student-colour printers for you.
Manual set up
Run the following commands in order, substituting USERNAME your own username:
- wget http://stuprtweb.sheffield.ac.uk/linux/mx3070mono.ppd -O /tmp/mx3070mono.ppd
- wget http://stuprtweb.sheffield.ac.uk/linux/mx3070colour.ppd -O /tmp/mx3070colour.ppd
- lpadmin -p "student-black-and-white" -E -v lpd:"//$USERNAME@edgbaston.shef.ac.uk/student-black-and-white" -P /tmp/mx3070mono.ppd -o sides=two-sided-long-edge
- lpadmin -p "student-colour" -E -v lpd:"//$USERNAME@edgbaston.shef.ac.uk/student-colour" -P /tmp/mx3070colour.ppd -o sides=two-sided-long-edge
Alternatively, download the installer script, then run the following commands:
- chmod +x pcms-installer.sh
- sudo ./pcms-installer.sh