The TEL Team run a number of staff development opportunities throughout the year, including the annual TELFest festival. Bespoke sessions can also be run for individuals or groups.
We cover a range wide range of topics that explore how technology can be used in teaching, learning and assessment, with sessions that can be delivered flexibly for all levels of prior expertise.
Forthcoming scheduled sessions
For forthcoming staff development sessions, please see the University's LMS.
Sessions the TEL team run include, but are not limited to:
- Use of MOLE
- Effective course design (including the MOLE Exemplary Course)
- Electronic management of assessment (Turnitin, MOLE assignment tool, etc.)
- The use of electronic portfolios for reflection (including PebblePad)
- Peer assessment (WebPA, Peermark, etc.)
- Technology for classroom engagement
- Flipped learning
- Use of webinars (Adobe Connect)
- Use of mobile apps in learning and teaching
- Use of rich media in learning, teaching and assessment
- Social media
- Technology for field work
- Technology for lab work
- Digital badges and gamification
To request a training session, please fill out the TEL Training Request Form, and a member of the team will get back to you.