The department has a wide range of expertise and facilities available to carry out research both partly and wholly funded by industry. Particularly strong links have been developed with small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and the privatised utilities.
Previous contract research projects include:
- Soil-structure interaction in masonry arch bridges
- Developing good practice in the restoration of hard rock quarries
- Developing a practical methodology to predict quantitatively ammonium sorption in mineral landfill liners
- Design synthesis of frames
- Research work in the area of structural fire engineering
Details of our full range of expertise can be found by viewing our current research portfolio and academic staff pages. If you would like to make further enquiries, please contact the appropriate member of staff directly or visit the Sheffield Engineering Gateway.