Civil engineers help to create and protect the world we live in. Our courses inspire and empower our students to engineer a better future.
We’re justifiably proud of our Masters courses. They’re designed to prepare you for a career in industry by providing you with theoretical knowledge and practical experience. They’re also ideal preparation for further research at PhD level.
- 4th in the UK for research excellence (REF 2014)
- 50th in the world and 5th in the UK for Civil and Structural Engineering (QS World University Rankings by subject 2017)
- Academic staff who are world-leaders in their specialist areas; renowned for their teaching quality
- An international academic community with staff and students from over 20 countries
- Quality research-led programmes help to prepare you for a rewarding career in industry or academia
- A selection of current MSc projects that have been proposed can be found here.
- Practical and transferable skills that are highly valued by employers
- Supporting you every step of the way with your own Academic Supervisor backed up by a dedicated Postgraduate Support Team.
- The Pre-Masters in Science and Engineering leads to a number of masters degrees in the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Science. Read more about the Pre-Masters course here.
Come to visit us on one of our University Postgraduate Open Days or Visit Afternoons. You can register here.