How to apply for postgraduate taught courses
On the University pages you can apply for a postgraduate taught course online.
If you wish to order a prospectus, please click the link below.
Required documentation for completed application
You will need to provide ALL of the following documents to complete an application for one of our MSc courses.
- Academic transcript confirming ALL subjects taken and grades attained in your undergraduate degree (even if you have not yet completed your degree), including GPA if applicable
- Evidence of English language ability e.g. an IELTS test, or an alternative University of Sheffield approved English language qualification - please see the following website for a list of approved English language qualifications:
- Brief CV giving details of any relevant employment or other experience, if applicable
- Two academic references, preferably from the institution where you have studied your undergraduate degree, although we will accept one academic and one current employer reference (if applicable)
- A personal statement explaining your motivation and suitability for the MSc to which you have applied
Our MSc courses are very popular and demand for places is high. If you are unable to provide all the above documents your application will be unsuccessful, or you may not secure a place in your preferred year of entry. To ensure a quick decision can be made for your application, it is essential that you provide your academic transcript as a priority.