Scholarships for UK/EU Students
Department of Civil & Structural Engineering Scholarship for Excellence for 2018 Entry
The Scholarship is worth up to £4,000 towards the cost of your tuition fees over the duration of your course based on the following:
- £1,000 will be awarded in year 1 if you (i) exceed the academic conditions of our standard UCAS offer (which is AAA at A2 A-level or equivalent qualification), and (ii) choose Sheffield as your 'firm' UCAS choice.
- Continuation of the scholarship will be dependent on continued academic achievement. Further awards of £1,000 contribution to tuition fees will be made in each subsequent year of study in which you achieve an average end-of-year grade of 70% or above.
Scholarships for International Students
Faculty of Engineering Excellence Scholarships for 2018 Entry
We are offering a number of scholarship awards to international, undergraduate students with established and continued academic excellence.
The scholarship will be awarded to international undergraduate students who exceed the academic conditions of our standard UCAS offer. Candidates who attain A level grades of A*AA or above (equivalent performance in alternative qualifications may also be considered) will receive the Excellence Scholarship.
To be eligible for an Excellence Scholarship you must:
- make The University of Sheffield your first (firm) choice in the UCAS application process for 2018 entry
- be an undergraduate student
- be classed as an international student for tuition fee purposes
- be taking all prerequisite subjects for your selected degree
We will offer the scholarship in the form of a cash bursary at the start of your course should you be eligible. The scholarship amount depends on your academic achievement:
- A*A*A* - £3000
- A*A*A - £2000
- A*AA - £1000
Once in receipt of this scholarship, you will be awarded £1,000 each subsequent academic year subject to maintaining a 69.5% overall average mark in the previous academic year.
If you join us directly in year 2, please contact our Undergraduate Admissions Officer to discuss your eligibility for the scholarship.
Candidates will not have to apply for these scholarships, as they are automatically awarded to all eligible students when they commence their studies in the Department.
If you require further information please contact our Undergraduate Admissions Officer on email@example.com
- The scholarships will take the form of a cash bursary only.
- The scholarship will be awarded automatically – no application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
- Receipt of the scholarship in subsequent years of study is subject to you achieving 69.5% overall average mark in the previous academic year. The scholarship will be withdrawn if you fail to achieve 69.5% and it will not be reinstated in the following year.
- You will not receive the scholarship during any optional or compulsory study abroad periods or year in industry.
- Students taking a pathway program such as that provided by the University of Sheffield International College are not eligible for the scholarship.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
A*AA: Including Mathematics. Note: A* must be for Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry OR - A*A*A / A*A*A*
A*AA: 38 points, 7 HL maths, 6 HL physics or HL chemistry. A*A*A - 40 points, 7 HL maths, 7 HL physics or HL chemistry. A*A*A* : 42 points, 7 HL maths, 7 HL physics or HL chemistry.
Indian Level 12 Secondary Certificate
A*AA : 90 overall, 90 maths 90 physics. A*A*A : 93 overall, 93 maths 93 physics. A*A*A* : 96 overall, 96 maths 96 physics.
|HKDSE||A*AA 5* compulsory maths, 5 Calculus and (one other maths), 5 physics/chemistry/science. A*A*A : 5* compulsory maths, 5* calculus and (one other maths), 5. A*A*A*, 5* Compulsory maths, 5* calculus and (one other maths), 5* physics/chemistry/science.|
|Malaysia Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)||12 points for A*AA, 10 points for A*A*A and 8 for A*A*A*|
|Singapore Integrated Programmes||AAA : H2 to include Mathematics plus Physics or Chemistry|
|Direct entrants to Year 2|
|1st Year from other institution||1st class year from 1 (pre university qualifications must match those listed in the recognised pre university qualifications for the award).|
Singapore Diploma (Civil & Structural Engineering related courses)
|cGPA 3.70 cGPA 3.70, cGPA 3.85, cGPA 4.0|
Disclaimer: All details were correct at the time of publication and can be subject to change.