Dr Lee Fielding
Group: Dr. Lee Fielding
Dr. Lee A. Fielding obtained a MChem in Chemistry with first class honours from The University of Sheffield in 2008, which was followed by a PhD in 2012 on the synthesis, characterization and applications of colloidal nanocomposite particles from the same institution with Professor Steven P. Armes.
Dr. Fielding then worked as a Postdoctoral Researcher on the preparation of bespoke colloidal particles via RAFT dispersion polymerization, in part for occlusion within inorganic host crystals. He has conducted research in several other areas of polymer and colloid science including the preparation of polymer brushes, as well as synthetic micrometeorite analogues.
He took up a Lectureship in the School of Materials at The University of Manchester in September 2015.
1. Fielding, L. A., Lane, J. A., Derry, M. J., Mykhaylyk, O. O., & Armes, S. P. (2014). Thermo-responsive diblock copolymer worm gels in non-polar solvents.. J Am Chem Soc, 136(15), 5790-5798. doi:10.1021/ja501756h
2. Fielding, L. A., Armes, S. P., Staniland, P., Sayer, R., & Tooley, I. (2014). Physical adsorption of anisotropic titania nanoparticles onto poly(2-vinylpyridine) latex and characterisation of the resulting nanocomposite particles. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 426, 170-180. doi:10.1016/j.jcis.2014.04.002
3. Lovett, J. R., Fielding, L. A., Armes, S. P., & Buxton, R. (2014). One-pot preparation of conducting polymer-coated silica particles: Model highly absorbing aerosols. Advanced Functional Materials, 24(9), 1290-1299. doi:10.1002/adfm.201302261
4. Fielding, L. A., Mykhaylyk, O. O., Schmid, A., Pontoni, D., Armes, S. P., & Fowler, P. W. (2014). Visible Mie scattering from hollow silica particles with particulate shells. Chemistry of Materials, 26(2), 1270-1277. doi:10.1021/cm4039347
5. Fielding, L. A., Derry, M. J., Ladmiral, V., Rosselgong, J., Rodrigues, A. M., Ratcliffe, L. P. D., . . . Armes, S. P. (2013). RAFT dispersion polymerization in non-polar solvents: Facile production of block copolymer spheres, worms and vesicles in n-alkanes. Chemical Science, 4(5), 2081-2087. doi:10.1039/c3sc50305d
6. Morgan, M., Fielding, L. A., & Armes, S. P. (2013). Synthesis and characterisation of sterically stabilised polypyrrole particles using a chemically reactive poly(vinyl amine)-based stabiliser. Colloid and Polymer Science, 291(1), 77-86. doi:10.1007/s00396-012-2678-y
7. Fielding, L. A., & Armes, S. P. (2012). Preparation of Pickering emulsions and colloidosomes using either a glycerol-functionalised silica sol or core-shell polymer/silica nanocomposite particles. Journal of Materials Chemistry, 22(22), 11235-11244. doi:10.1039/c2jm31433a