Chinese Culture and Language Resource Centre
The Chinese Culture and Language Resource Centre within the Confucius Institute provides cultural and language resources that can be accessed both by the University staff, students and the wider community, including schools and individuals.
Assisted with Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters, we set up the Centre and mastered substantial collections of books and AV (Audio-Visual) materials relating to China, Chinese culture and Chinese language in the following areas:
- Study and research in contemporary China
- Chinese novels and literature
- Chinese films, TV series, documentaries, music and arts
- Research in Chinese language, language learning and teaching
- Chinese textbooks and multimedia learning materials, from primary learning, secondary learning to adults learning
- Chinese dictionaries, references, posters and cards
- Chinese magzines and newspapers
Some of our collections are also come from kind individual donations from prestigious authors and academics in the UK. We are indebted to their generosity and will always be thankful for their contributions towards Chinese literature and China-related studies in the UK:
- Innes Herden (translator, writer and co-founder of the Society for Anglo-Chinese Understanding)
- Elizabeth Scurfield (sinologist, co-founder of the Chinese Department at the University of Westminster, and author of the Teach Yourself Chinese series)
- Li Ruru (sinologist, expert in Beijing Opera, and senior lecturer at the University of Leeds)
You can search our catalogue to view bibliographic information on holdings we have in the Chinese Language and Cultural Resource Centre.
Please click to visit: http://chinese.shef.ac.uk/opac
Items can be consulted in our Reading Room, Resource Room, Multimedia Room or can be taken out on loan.
SCI Reading Room
One of the unique features of the audio-visual side of this collection is that they are available for independent user access on integrated television/DVD sets within the SCI Reading Room.
The Reading Room is also installed with CCTV-4 Satellite Programme (a state television channel in China), and can be accessed by the independent users.
SCI Multimedia Room
SCI Multimedia Room is quipped with computers and interactive whiteboard, and can be accessed by the independent users for accessing AV (Audio-Visual) materials, electronic resources and multimedia learning materials.
China Academic Journals (CNKI)
China Academic Journals full-text database (also known as CNKI) is the largest and continuously updated Chinese journals database in the world. It is supported by the Confucius Institute here at Sheffield and you can access it here.
Contact Us: (LCRC is located within the CI office)
5 Shearwood Road, Sheffield S10 2TD
Tel: 0114 2228447
For more information. please contact:
email : email@example.com