Dr Cheryl Miller
BEng(hons), PGCertHE, PhD, FHEA
Reader in Dental Implantology and Biomaterials (non-clinical)
School of Clinical Dentistry
Telephone: +44 (0) 114 215 9394
- Hawsawi RA, Miller CA, Moorehead RD & Stokes CW (2019) Evaluation of reproducibility of the chemical solubility of dental ceramics using ISO 6872:2015. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry. View this article in WRRO
- Rider PM, Brook IM, Smith PJ & Miller CA (2018) Reactive Inkjet Printing of Regenerated Silk Fibroin Films for Use as Dental Barrier Membranes. Micromachines, 9(2). View this article in WRRO
- Wilcock CJ, Stafford GP, Miller CA, Ryabenkova Y, Fatima M, Gentile P, Möbus G & Hatton PV (2017) Preparation and Antibacterial Properties of Silver-Doped Nanoscale Hydroxyapatite Pastes for Bone Repair and Augmentation. Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology, 13(9), 1168-1176. View this article in WRRO
- Ryabenkova Y, Pinnock A, Quadros P, Goodchild R, Mobus G, Crawford A, Hatton PV & Miller C (2017) The relationship between particle morphology and rheological properties in injectable nano-hydroxyapatite bone graft substitutes. Materials Science and Engineering: C, 75, 1083-1090. View this article in WRRO
- Gentile P, Ferreira A, Callaghan J, Miller C, Atkinson J, Freeman C & Hatton PV (2017) Multilayer Nanoscale Encapsulation of Biofunctional Peptides to Enhance Bone Tissue Regeneration In Vivo. Advanced Healthcare Materials, 6(8). View this article in WRRO
- Wilcock CJ, Gentile P, Hatton PV & Miller CA (2017) Rapid Mix Preparation of Bioinspired Nanoscale Hydroxyapatite for Biomedical Applications. Journal of Visualized Experiments, 120. View this article in WRRO
- Fernandes JS, Gentile P, Martins M, Neves NM, Miller C, Crawford A, Pires RA, Hatton P & Reis RL (2016) Reinforcement of poly-l-lactic acid electrospun membranes with strontium borosilicate bioactive glasses for bone tissue engineering.. Acta Biomaterialia, 44, 168-177. View this article in WRRO
- Rider P, Zhang Y, Tse C, Zhang Y, Jayawardane D, Stringer J, Callaghan J, Brook IM, Miller CA, Zhao X & Smith PJ (2016) Biocompatible silk fibroin scaffold prepared by reactive inkjet printing. Journal of Materials Science, 51(18), 8625-8630. View this article in WRRO
- Santocildes-Romero ME, Goodchild RL, Hatton PV, Crawford A, Reaney IM & Miller CA (2016) Preparation of Composite Electrospun Membranes Containing Strontium-Substituted Bioactive Glasses for Bone Tissue Regeneration. Macromolecular Materials and Engineering, 301(8), 972-981. View this article in WRRO
- Fernandes JS, Gentile P, Moorehead R, Crawford A, Miller CA, Pires RA, Hatton PV & Reis RL (2016) Design and Properties of Novel Substituted Borosilicate Bioactive Glasses and Their Glass-Ceramic Derivatives. Crystal Growth & Design, 16(7), 3731-3740. View this article in WRRO
- Gentile P, Wilcock C, Miller C, Moorehead R & Hatton P (2015) Process Optimisation to Control the Physico-Chemical Characteristics of Biomimetic Nanoscale Hydroxyapatites Prepared Using Wet Chemical Precipitation. Materials, 8(5), 2297-2310. View this article in WRRO
- Santocildes-Romero ME, Crawford A, Hatton PV, Goodchild RL, Reaney IM & Miller CA (2015) The osteogenic response of mesenchymal stromal cells to strontium-substituted bioactive glasses. Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 9(5), 619-631. View this article in WRRO
- Gentile P, Frongia ME, Cardellach M, Miller CA, Stafford GP, Leggett GJ & Hatton PV (2015) Functionalised nanoscale coatings using layer-by-layer assembly for imparting antibacterial properties to polylactide-co-glycolide surfaces. Acta Biomaterialia, 21, 35-43. View this article in WRRO
- Bhakta S, Pattanayak DK, Takadama H, Kokubo T, Miller CA, Mirsaneh M, Reaney IM, Brook I, van Noort R & Hatton PV (2010) Prediction of osteoconductive activity of modified potassium fluorrichterite glass-ceramics by immersion in simulated body fluid.. J Mater Sci Mater Med, 21(11), 2979-2988.
- O'Donnell MD, Candarlioglu PL, Miller CA, Gentleman E & Stevens MM (2010) Materials characterisation and cytotoxic assessment of strontium-substituted bioactive glasses for bone regeneration. J MATER CHEM, 20(40), 8934-8941.
- Miller C, Bandyopadhyay-Ghosh S, Reaney I, Johnson A, Salata L, Brook I & Hatton P (2008) Chain silicate glass ceramics for bone repair and augumentation. 8th World Biomaterials Congress 2008, 4, 2328.
- Kanchanarat N, Miller CA, Hatton PV, James PF & Reaney IM (2005) Early stages of crystallization in canasite-based glass ceramics. J AM CERAM SOC, 88(11), 3198-3204.
- Miller CA, Reaney IM, Hatton PV & James PF (2004) Crystallization of canasite/frankamenite-based glass-ceramics. CHEM MATER, 16(26), 5736-5743.
- Miller CA, Kokubo T, Reaney IM, Hatton PV & James PF (2002) Formation of apatite layers on modified canasite glass-ceramics in simulated body fluid.. J Biomed Mater Res, 59(3), 473-480.
Conference proceedings papers
- Hatton PV, Brook I, Contreras A, Mirvakily F, Moorehead R, Ryabenkova Y, Rawlinson A, Crawford A, Freeman C & Miller C (2014) Injectable bone graft substitutes & cements based on bioactive glass-ionomer chemistry. Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, Vol. 8(s1) (pp 26-27), 10 June 2014 - 13 June 2013.