SCUTREA 2018 'Lifelong Learning and the Pedagogy of Hope'
July 17th - 19th 2018
Conference package options
This year's conference will take place in the beautiful Halifax Hall Hotel and Conference Venue, owned by the University of Sheffield.
Booking is now open via the following link with early bird rates available until 30th March 2018: onlineshop.shef.ac.uk/conferences-events/professional-services/lifelong-learning/scutrea-2018
The following packages and prices are available:
- Full Conference & Halifax Hall Accommodation - Member Rate - £350 (£315 early bird)
- Full Conference & Halifax Hall Accommodation - Non-Member Rate - £390 (£351 early bird)
- Full Conference & Halifax Hall Accommodation - Student Rate - £310 (£279 early bird)
- Full Conference & Endcliffe Village Accommodation - Member Rate - £290 (£261 early bird)
- Full Conference & Endcliffe Village Accommodation - Non-Member Rate - £330 (£297 early bird)
- Full Conference & Endcliffe Accommodation - Student Rate - £250 (£225 early bird)
- Full Conference Without Accommodation - Member Rate - £220 (£198 early bird)
- Full Conference Without Accommodation - Non-Member Rate - £260 (£234 early bird)
- Full Conference Without Accommodation - Student Rate - £170 (£153 early bird)
- Day / Half Day Registration - Member Rate
Day Rate - £125 - Wednesday 18th July
Half Day Rate - £65 - Tuesday 17th / Thursday 19th July
- Day / Half Day Registration - Non-Member Rate
Day Rate - £150 - Wednesday 18th July
Half Day Rate - £90 - Tuesday 17th / Thursday 19th July
- Day / Half Day Registration - Student Rate
Day Rate - £100 - Wednesday 18th July
Half Day Rate - £50 - Tuesday 17th / Thursday 19th July
Chatsworth House Visit - 19th July.
On the final day of the conference delegates can choose to take part in an optional visit to the beautiful Chatsworth House and Gardens, home to the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire. Delegates who select this option will be transported to Chatsworth, provided with a packed lunch for their visit, taken on a guided tour of the house, and given some free time to visit the gardens and shops that surround the house. The Chatsworth Estate is just a short coach ride through the stunning Peak District. This trip is limited to 25 delegates, so book early to avoid disappointment. This option can be selected when booking a place at the conference.
Find out more about Chatsworth House and Gardens.
Delegates can select from 2 accommodation options, listed below. Accommodation in Halifax Hall is limited so please book early to avoid disappointment. Please note that delegates requiring an accessible or ground floor bedroom will need to select the Halifax Hall option.
Endclife Student Village is next door to Halifax Hall where the conference will take place.
Accommodation is availble in the conference venue, Halifax Hall. Halifax Hall is a beautiful period property, owned by the University of Sheffield and located on the west side of Sheffield City Centre. It is only a short walk from the vibrant Ecclesall Road, an area which provides a hub of bars, pubs and restaurants.
Local attractions include the picturesque Botanical Gardens, only five minutes away, whilst shopping and other city centre attractions are easily commutable by bus and taxi. Further afield the location offers great access to The Peak District National Park, which by car is only a 15 minute drive, whilst the stunning Chatsworth House is only a 30 minutes’ drive.
Endcliffe Student Village
Endcliffe Student Village provides modern accommodation with a unique village feel, set within landscaped grounds and with amenities a short walk away. This accommodation is next to Halifax Hall and provide easy access to the conference.
Located 10 minutes from Sheffield city centre and 15 minutes from the M1 motorway the accommodation is set in a peaceful residential area.
All bedrooms are single ensuite and have fresh bed linen and towels, Free Wi-Fi access and car parking (Permit from reception is required).