MA in Early Childhood Education (UK)
Distance Learning, Part-Time
The MA in Early Childhood Education is a unique, internationally renowned, part-time mixed mode, distance learning course, which has been running successfully since 1998. The course is designed for a range of early childhood mid-career professionals including early years practitioners, FE and HE lecturers, teachers, nursery nurses, voluntary and independent providers, advisors, inspectors and managers working in areas relevant to early childhood.
The MA in Early Childhood Education offers students both the flexibility of studying from anywhere and at any time with the added opportunity to meet fellow students and share experiences at the weekend study schools.
Students living all over the UK and many other countries including Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, India Japan, Malta, Singapore United Arab Emirates, and Vietnam have successfully completed the course and applications from all over the world are welcomed.
The course covers a broad range of issues, encourages students to reflect on their practice, on current policy, and addresses theory and research relevant to their interest.
I loved my 'Sheffield weekends' and every time I returned home my work was just that much better.
Helen Nixon, MA ECE (UK)
This course aims to support students to:
- Examine their work within the changing field of early years provision
- Further understand and support children’s learning and development
- Develop research skills and conduct small-scale projects.
- Examine current policies
- Study international developments
- Critically evaluate a range of literature
- Enhance their understanding of early childhood education and care from birth to eight.