Education Matters is the School of Education Blog, dedicated to sharing the most current ideas from our Research Centres.
We undertake conceptual, empirical, historical and policy research in the field of higher education, nationally and internationally. Higher education is defined broadly to encompass all the main settings of tertiary education, including colleges, universities, the workplace and the virtual world. As a Centre, we are committed to collaborative working across disciplines, national and global contexts and with a wide range of stakeholders in government, the media, industry and wider society.
Our work is addressed to intellectual, professional and public debates about:
- System change and policy reform
- College and private higher education
- Internationalisation and student mobility
- Social justice, capability and human development
- Curriculum, pedagogy and academic practice
- Professional and vocational higher education
- Historical method and the history of the sciences and humanities
Brexit, trade, migration and higher education
Dr Vassiliki Papatsiba is researching the likely consequences of Brexit as perceived in UK higher
Report finds little evidence for the benefits of for-profit higher education outside the UK
The CGHE report focuses on the emergence and nature of the private higher education sector in six countries.