Careers and Recruitment
For students in all years, enhancing your employability, gaining work experience and securing a good graduate job or a place to do postgraduate study, is essential. Our Department works closely with the University´s Careers Service to offer support to our students.
We can assist companies fill recruitment vacancies with our pool of high quaility potential graduates.
The University Careers Service provides opportunities for graduates and for students to gain work experience and part-time work. The Careers Service is located at 388 Glossop Road, Sheffield, S10 2JA and is open 09.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday (open from 11.00 on Tuesdays) in Semesters and most vacation periods.
- The chance to raise your company proﬁle with a pool of high quality potential graduates, which can give your recruitment drive a boost
- A fresh unconventional look at some of your problems from students who have access to the full resources of the University
- Help with research and development or ‘blue sky’ projects
- An opportunity to ﬁnd out how our students would approach your problem, taking into account realistic, practical and commercial constraints
- The chance to help students – who could be your future employees – to develop a better understanding of what industry is looking for
- Building a relationship with the department and the chance to get involved with cutting edge research and other potential collaborations
A careers adviser is available for brief discussions and can guide you to other sources of help or information. The careers library contains a wealth of information on employers, occupations, graduate study options and much information useful for students. The Service makes available on its website vacancy information and has an extensive events programme including a large number of employers coming to the campus for recruitment, presentations, drop-in sessions, etc.
Recruiting our Students
The Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering in partnership with the University Careers Service, provides a number of services to employers, from advertising vacancies through to providing information and advice to organisations wishing to establish or strengthen their profile amongst University of Sheffield students.
- Raise Your Profile amongst University of Sheffield students.
- Participate in Fairs and Careers Events - a very effective way of getting your message across to the student population at large, whether your aim is to get your name known more widely or to fill vacancies.
- Advertise Vacancies to finalists, recent graduates and those seeking work experience.