Industrial Interaction In Teaching
We want to work with you!
The University of Shefﬁeld´s Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering has an excellent reputation for the quality of its graduates. Critical factors in our success are research-led teaching, a stimulating environment, world-class facilities and strong links with industry – and that´s where you come in!
We believe that giving students the chance to get some real `hands-on´ experience is not only good for them, it´s also good for the companies they work with. We´re always on the look out for real life projects for our students to undertake – and here are just some of the beneﬁts for the companies who get involved:
- The chance to raise your company proﬁle with a pool of high quality potential graduates, which can give your recruitment drive a boost
- A fresh unconventional look at some of your problems from students who have access to the full resources of the University
- Help with research and development or ‘blue sky’ projects
- An opportunity to ﬁnd out how our students would approach your problem, taking into account realistic, practical and commercial constraints
- The chance to help students – who could be your future employees – to develop a better understanding of what industry is looking for
- Building a relationship with the department and the chance to get involved with cutting edge research and other potential collaborations
So what´s the catch?
There really isn´t one! All we ask from you is that you come up with a genuine problem that needs a solution and our students will take it from there. Then, all you have to do is wait and see what they come up with –you never know, it could be the breakthrough you´ve been looking for.
We´re looking for a range of different types of projects to suit students from second year undergraduates to our taught post-graduates. There are also a range of different levels of involvement from our project partners – from fairly low key involvement through to much more active participation. The choice is yours.
Recent industry projects have come from household names such as Vodaphone, Jennic, Raven and Panasonic so, if you get involved, you´ll be in good company.