Dr Matthew Hobbs
Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Research and Teaching Associate
Semiconductor Materials and Devices Research Group
- Deriving the absorption coefficients of lattice mismatched InGaAs using genetic algorithm. Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 153, 107135-107135.
- Peatland plant spectral response as a proxy for peat health, analysis using low-cost hyperspectral imaging techniques. Remote Sensing, 14(16).
- Investigation of forced flow orientations on the burning behaviours of wooden rods using a synchronised multi-imaging system. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute.
- High-resolution hyperspectral imaging using low-cost components: application within environmental monitoring scenarios. Sensors, 22(12). View this article in WRRO
- Zero drift infrared radiation thermometer using chopper stabilised pre-amplifier. Applied Sciences, 10(14). View this article in WRRO
- Low-cost hyperspectral imaging system: Design and testing for laboratory-based environmental applications. Sensors, 20(11). View this article in WRRO
- An accurate instrument for emissivity measurements by direct and indirect methods. Measurement Science and Technology. View this article in WRRO
- An accurate device for apparent emissivity characterisation in controlled atmospheric conditions up to 1423 K. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement. View this article in WRRO
- InGaAs APD thermometry. Measurement Science and Technology. View this article in WRRO
- Design and realization of a wide field of view infrared scanning system with an integrated micro-electromechanical system mirror. Applied Optics, 57(36), 10449-10457. View this article in WRRO
- Miniature Uncooled and Unchopped Fiber Optic Infrared Thermometer for Application to Cutting Tool Temperature Measurement. Sensors, 18(10). View this article in WRRO
- Quantitative traceable temperature measurement using novel thermal imaging camera. Optics Express, 26(19), 24904-24916. View this article in WRRO
- Quantitative thermal imaging using single-pixel Si APD and MEMS mirror. Optics Express, 26(3), 3188-3198. View this article in WRRO
- InAs/GaSb Type-II Superlattice for Radiation Thermometry. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, 64(2), 502-508.
- An InGaAlAs–InGaAs Two-Color Photodetector for Ratio Thermometry. IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 61(3), 838-843. View this article in WRRO
- Implementation of an algorithmic spectrometer using Quantum Dot Infrared Photodetectors. Infrared Physics & Technology, 54(3), 228-232.
- High-Speed Infrared Radiation Thermometer for the Investigation of Early Stage Explosive Development and Fireball Expansion. Sensors, 22(16), 6143-6143.
- Image Correction and In Situ Spectral Calibration for Low-Cost, Smartphone Hyperspectral Imaging. Remote Sensing, 14(5), 1152-1152.
- Evaluation of phase sensitive detection method and Si avalanche photodiode for radiation thermometry. Journal of Instrumentation, 8(03), P03016-P03016.
- Low-Cost Hyperspectral Imaging with A Smartphone. Journal of Imaging, 7(8), 136-136.
Conference proceedings papers
- 3.3 - Type-II Superlattice Radiation Thermometer. Proceedings IRS² 2015, 19 May 2015 - 21 May 2015.
- Uncooled MWIR InAs/GaSb type-II superlattice grown on a GaAs substrate. Emerging Technologies in Security and Defence; and Quantum Security II; and Unmanned Sensor Systems X
- High detectivity MWIR type-II superlattice grown on a GaAs substrate. IEEE Photonic Society 24th Annual Meeting, PHO 2011 (pp 31-32)
- High detectivity MWIR Type-II superlattice grown on a GaAs substrate. IEEE Photonic Society 24th Annual Meeting, 9 October 2011 - 13 October 2011.