AISG Test Tool
The University of Sheffield AISG Test Tool is designed to test whether the communication protocol specified by AISG1 is followed by the connected devices or Primary stations. The software can be configured as either a Primary station or as a virtual device. It aims to assist with the interpretation of the AISG1 standard and ensure that the correct data formatting of certain data fields (e.g. tilt value, gain value, etc) is adhered to. A log of the HDLC frame exchange is provided on screen and in the form of a text log, which is stored on the hard disk.
Although this application can be used to manage an antenna line device network, its use should be restricted to development and testing, since it allows full access to procedures that could permit an inexperienced user to prevent the devices from working correctly.
The device emulator can hold the description data of only one device at a time, and the represented device cannot be deleted. It is possible to overwrite a device, but devices may not have the same Unique ID. The Primary station can theoretically hold up to 254 device descriptions, but this is dependent on the availability of resources in the PC running the application.
Features of Version 1.1:
- AISG1 1.0 Compliant.
- Secondary tool emulates RET and TMA responses.
- Implemented Global, RET and TMA command set.
- Implemented ALD network scan.
- Implemented Software Download protocol.
- Implemented Baudrate auto-adjustment:
Primary station - Set Bit Rate command.
Secondary emulator - Bit Rate auto-detect procedure.
- Logging of link activity
- Save/Load device status
- Supports vendor specific commands (payload declared in hex).
- 1 serial port (2 if Interface will be run as Control station and Virtual device in the same machine)
- 1 Null modem cable (RS232).
- Serial Connection parameters supported are: 9600, 38400 and 115200 Kbps, no flow control, 8 bits data, no parity, 1 stop bit.
- Video Graphics Adapter – at least 256 colour palette (Java requirement)
- Hard Disk space – at least 50 MB for operation (depends on application log size), 20 MB in Windows root directory for temporary files during installation.
Software was tested on PC´s with Pentium III @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM and Pentium Celeron @ 1.3GHz, 256 Mb RAM
- Windows 98/NT4.0_SP6/2000/XP
- Java™ 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition, build 1.4.1_02-b06 or higher.
- Java HotSpot™ Client VM, build 1.4.1_02-b06, mixed mode
- Java™ Communications API version 2.0.
Tested on Windows 98, Windows 2000 SP2 and Windows XP SP1.
NB: Required versions of Java Components are NOT supported in Windows 95
If you wish further information about our Test Tool or about any of our activities with the AISG, then please do not hesitate to email us
email : email@example.com