Professor Maria Merlyne De Souza
Chair in Microelectronics
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
tel: +44 (0) 114 222 5167
- B.Sc (Physics and Mathematics) University of Bombay 1985
- B.Eng.(Electronics and communications Engineering ) Indian Institute of Science Bangalore 1988
- PhD. (Engineering) University of Cambridge,1994
- Chair in Electronics and Materials (‘03-) EMTERC, De Montfort University (1995-2007)
- Chair in Microelectronics, EEE Department, University of Sheffield (2007-)
- Member IEEE, IEE, AIP, IOP, MRS
- Fellow: Institute of Physics (IOP) 2002 and Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) 2006-
- Associate Editor IEEE Trans. Nanotechnology 2009 -
- Member Editorial Board Microelectronics Reliability 2003-06.
- Technical Committee IEEE IRPS 2002-
- Technical Committee IEEE CAMAD 2013.
- Technical Committee Simulation and Modelling, IEDM 2012-13.
- Chair of Committee Simulation and Modelling, IEDM 2014.
- Reviewer of grant proposals, Panel Member for:
- European Science Foundation 08-10,
- Finnish Academy of Sciences, Physics and Materials 2010,
- Funding council Norway 2013,
- Greek Ministry of Education. EPSRC college member ‘02-‘05, ‘10-
PG tutor EEE department: 2011-
- RF Power semiconductor devices and technologies
- Photovoltaic systems and solar cells
- Ultrashallow junctions
- Transparent Oxide semiconductors
- High-k gate dielectrics and III-V MOSFETs
- Carbon based electronics
- Computational Physics (DFT, Electronic Transport and GW)