Professor Peter Houston
Director of EPSRC National Centre for III-V Technologies
email : email@example.com
tel: +44 (0) 114 222 5180
BSc. Physics (first class honours) 1972, University of Strathclyde; PhD 1976, University of Strathclyde. Research Scientist, GEC Hirst Research Centre 1975-1978, Lecturer, University of Sheffield (1978), Consultant Engineer, Bell-Northern Research (now Nortel), Ottawa, Canada, 1986-1987, Senior Lecturer (1987), Reader (1996). Professor (2003), MIEEE, FIET.
- Electronic materials and devices based on Si and Si/Ge substrates.
- Development of high-temperature GaN-based devices – electronics in hot/harsh environments.
- Study of high current effects in HBTs – current practical device operation speed and power limited by high current effects.
- Novel HFET structures in GaN based materials – for very high-power/high-frequency amplifiers.
- GaN based power electronics devices