Mr Peter Judd
Senior Experimental Officer
email : email@example.com
tel: +44 (0) 114 222 5171
I served an engineering apprenticeship as an Electrical Draughtsman with Vickers Shipbuilding and Engineering (Barrow-in-Furness) before entering this University as a student in 1982.
I graduated from this Department in 1985 with a BEng(Hons) degree in "Electronic Engineering (Computing)" and, apart from two years in a Microelectronic Design Consultancy as a Development Engineer, have been here every since.
I am a Chartered Engineer and a Member of the Institution of Engineering & Technology.
In 2005/6 I graduated with a Masters degree in "Teaching and Learning for University Lecturers" from this University.
I am a Registered Practitioner with the Higher Education Academy.
Most of my engineering experience lies in the field of small Microcontroller systems.
My research interests are in the field of higher education.
- Management of the Microelectronic Systems Unit.
- Lecturing First year 'C' programming.
- The second year industrial projects scheme SHIPS.
- Fourth year Systems Design (VHDL) course
- Supervision of numerous third and fourth year projects
- Various laboratory class and design exercise based activities.
- The Department's student counselor for the Institution of Electrical Engineers.
- Management of the Department's examination marks processing system.