Natalia Molinero Mingorance
Research Associate - Communications Group
tel: +44 (0) 114 222 5888
Natalia received a MSc degree in Wireless Communication Systems from the University of Sheffield, in 2014 and she is currently working as a Research Associate in the University of Sheffield, in the project "SERAN (Seamless and Efficient Wireless Access for Future Radio Networks)", focusing on reducing the energy consumption at different types of base stations, considering complete power models for current and future base stations.
- LTE and 5G technologies
- Radio Resource Management (RRM) techniques
- Energy consumption in the Radio Access Network (RAN)
- System level simulators
- Throughput and energy trade-offs in the RAN
- Power models for future base stations
The main objectives of SERAN project are:
- New Radio Access Networks (RANs) providing 10 times higher capacity to meet traffic demand;
- Novel algorithms and protocols which enable the effective use of microwave and millimetre wave frequencies in heterogeneous networks, while minimizing interference;
- Demonstration of the combination of concepts which can deliver seamless connectivity along with a two-fold improvement in energy efficiency.
More details can be found on SERAN's website: https://seranresearchproject.wordpress.com/