Professor Tao Wang
Professor of Advanced Optoelectronics
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
tel: +44 (0) 114 222 5902
B.Sc Physics, M.Sc, Physics, PhD, Physics
Professor Wang joined Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, the University Sheffield in 2002. In 2011, he was promoted to Professor, as Chair in Advanced Optoelectronics. In 2005, he was awarded EPSRC Advanced Research Fellow.
He received his Ph.D from Department of Physics and Astronomy, Universität Würzburg, Germany in 1997. Prior to joining Sheffield, he had been working on III-nitride based optoelectronics in industry in Japan.
So far, he published 3 book-chapters, >150 refereed journal papers and >100 refereed conference papers. His publications have been widely cited and highlighted. Currently, he holds 14 patents on III-nitride based optoelectronics.
He is leading the III-nitride optoelectronics research team. His current research interests include:
- MOCVD growth of III-nitride materials and devices
- Nanofabrication of III-nitride optoelectronics with ultrahigh efficiency
- III-nitride based solid-state lighting
- Application of plasmonics in III-nitride optoelectronics
- Application of photonics crystal in III-nitride optoelectronics
- III-nitride Solar Cell
- III-nitride optoelectronics for hydrogen generation
- Course Director for MSc in Electronics and Photonics
- Leading nitride-MOVPE section of EPSRC National Centre of III-V Technologies
- EEE417/6041: Optical Communications Devices & Systems
- Part of EEE416/6040: High Speed Electronic Devices
- EEE260 Second Year Semiconductor Laboratory