Our disability policy
We aim to:
- Protect the interests and needs of disabled users.
- Provide dedicated parking spaces where a need is identified.
- Issue permits in line with local authority guidelines for Blue Badge holders.
What we've done:
- Introduced a special permit to identify disabled users, giving them the right to park in any convenient space, including marked disabled spaces.
- Marked convenient and easy to access spaces for disabled users where required.
- Provided free disabled parking across campus for Blue Badge holders.
- Introduced a zero tolerance police for abuse of spaces by non-disabled users.
- Agreed special ad-hoc temporary arrangements as appropriate.
Our future priorities:
- Continue to provide marked disabled spaces where required.
- Work closely with University disability coordinators to clarify policy with regard to disabled parking.
Click here to read about AccessUS