Pronunciation and Speaking Plus
Boost your speaking and pronunciation skills with this short 10 week course in just 2 hours per week.
- Level: CEFR B1/B2
- Cost: £225
- When: February to May 2021 on Wednesday evenings from 5.30pm to 7.30pm
- Hours: 2 hours a week for 10 weeks (20 hours)
- Apply: Applications now closed
Covid-19 - Term 2 (February to May 2021) Course Format Update
As a result of Covid-19 and to ensure the safety of all ELTC staff and students we have made some changes to our Part-time Evening courses:
- The classes were originally planned to take place in person but will now be taught online in compliance with the latest UK Government mandated lockdown currently in place.
- We will keep you informed of any changes to the format of the course (if required) after you apply.
What is it?
Pronunciation and Speaking Plus is a short booster course that covers key pronunciation skills such as intonation, linking speech, word stress and vowel sounds. You will review and practice these in a communicative setting.
Who is it for?
This course is for you if you would like to improve your pronunciation and communicate more clearly with others. You can take Pronunciation and Speaking Plus+ together with one of our General English courses or as a short course by itself.
You can also take Pronunciation and Speaking Plus along with our other booster course, Grammar and Writing Plus.
Pronunciation and Speaking Plus is a part-time course. You will be given self-study activities to do at home to complement the learning that takes place in class.
- The course will start with an analysis of you and your fellow students' needs in terms of pronunciation and speaking skills
- The teacher will develop the course to fit those needs.
- A range of materials and technologies will be used during the course. Students will have the opportunity to be videoed or recorded if they agree to it. Students will also use online tools in order to practice specific pronunciation skills.
Dates and fees
- When: February 10th to May 7th 2021, Wednesday evenings from 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Weeks: 10
- Fees: £225
How to apply
Applications for our February 2021 course are now closed. Further information about future courses will be listed on this webpage once confirmed.
After completing the application form, you will need to take an online placement test. This is a short test for us to make sure we recommend the right course for you. We will also take into account your preference.
We will send you more information about the online test after you complete the application form.
Information for Under 18s
Our courses are designed for adults. Applicants who are under 18 are subject to a number of restrictions and administrative procedures.
The standard minimum age for our courses is 18 years. However, we will consider applications from applicants who are under 18 in some circumstances, and subject to satisfactory guardianship arrangements being in place. Please contact us for more information.
For further information on under 18s at the university please visit our "Students under the age of 18" webpage".
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.