Pronunciation and Speaking Plus
Boost your speaking and pronunciation skills with this short 10 week course in just 2 hours per week.
- Level: CEFR B1/B2
- Cost: £250
- When: October to December 2023 on Wednesday each week from 5.30pm to 7.30pm
- Hours: 2 hours a week for 10 weeks (20 hours)
- Apply: Apply Now
What is it?
Pronunciation and Speaking Plus is a short booster course that covers key pronunciation skills such as intonation, linking speech, word stress and vowel sounds. You will review and practice these in a communicative setting.
Who is it for?
This course is for you if you would like to improve your pronunciation and communicate more clearly with others. You can take Pronunciation and Speaking Plus+ together with one of our General English courses or as a short course by itself.
Pronunciation and Speaking Plus is a part-time course. You will be given self-study activities to do at home to complement the learning that takes place in class.
- The course will start with an analysis of you and your fellow students' needs in terms of pronunciation and speaking skills
- The teacher will develop the course to fit those needs.
- A range of materials and technologies will be used during the course. Students will have the opportunity to be videoed or recorded if they agree to it. Students will also use online tools in order to practice specific pronunciation skills.
Dates and fees
- When: 11 October 2023 until December 13 2023, on Wednesday evenings from 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Weeks: 10
- Fees: £250
How to apply
Application deadline for October 2023 Courses: Friday 22 September
After completing the application form, you will need to take a placement test. This is a short test for us to make sure we recommend the right course for you. We will also take into account your preference.
Please do not worry if you complete the application form and do not hear from us straight away - we will be sending out further information to applicants about placement tests in late August / September 2023.
Information for Under 18s
Our courses are designed for adults. Applicants who are under 18 are subject to a number of restrictions and administrative procedures.
The standard minimum age for our courses is 18 years. However, we will consider applications from applicants who are under 18 in some circumstances, and subject to satisfactory guardianship arrangements being in place. Please contact us for more information.
For further information on under 18s at the university please visit our "Students under the age of 18" webpage".
A global reputation
Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.