Travel Grant

You may be able to claim a retrospective travel grant from Student Finance England following your period abroad. The travel grant is income-assessed and can cover reasonable costs as decided by Student Finance England. It can sometimes also cover medical costs.

If you indicate on your SFE application that you intend to apply for the travel grant, Student Finance may ask you to complete their 'Course Abroad Form' and obtain a signature from the University of Sheffield.

SSiD in the Students' Union can help you with this:


Note that you will need to submit all of your receipts and booking confirmation print-outs as part of the application.

For further information on the travel grant, please contact Student Finance directly.