Note on Brexit: Erasmus+ grants are currently available to students participating in an Erasmus+ exchange during 2018/19. There is sector-wide uncertainty over the availability of grants in future years as this is subject to the outcome of the negotiations between the UK and the EU. You can read the latest updates on the Erasmus+ National Agency website.
The Erasmus+ grant is always transferred once you are already abroad and never before.
The first payment date for students commencing their Erasmus+ period in the Autumn semester is early November provided that they have completed the required paperwork in good time and that there have been no unexpected delays in the receipt of our funding.
Erasmus+ grant requests are sent to the Finance Office on a weekly basis once we have processed the first grant allocation in the Autumn. Once the team has requested that a payment be made to you, this can take up to 10 working days, depending on the bank and their processing time for each student.
Still not received your Erasmus+ grant?
- Check that you have completed the required paperwork and sent it to Global Opportunities & Exchanges. Use the 'How to Claim the Grant' webpages to help you.
- Allow time for postage and processing if you send hard copies of the documents. Priority airmail within Europe takes at least 3 working days to arrive. Erasmus+ grant processing can take around 2 to 3 weeks from receipt of the required paperwork.
- Check with Global Opportunities & Exchanges that your paperwork has been received if it has been more than 3 weeks since you sent it.
- Check your Sheffield email account. The Payments team will send you an automated email once your grant has been processed. Remember to check your spam folder for this as well.
- Make sure you have entered your UK bank details on MUSE. The payment will be put on hold until these details are entered.
- If you have received our automated email, allow a few days after the estimated transfer date and double-check your bank account.
- If you have done all of the above and still haven't received the payment, then contact us by email.