Faculty of Arts and Humanities International Masters Scholarships
We have two scholarships worth £10,000 towards tuition fees for international (non-EU) students starting a Masters postgraduate taught degree in September 2019.
Key dates: Now closed for applications
- You will be able to apply for a scholarship via MUSE for applicants.
- You must have received and accepted an offer on a Masters course by 17:00 (UK time) on Friday 26 April 2019.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is 17:00 (UK time) on Friday 26 April 2019
- Scholarship results will be announced by 17:00 (UK time) on Friday 31 May 2019.
- You must have received and accepted an offer to study a full-time Masters course in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities before 17:00 (UK time) on Friday 26 April 2019.
- Your programme must commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2019.
- This scholarship cannot be used for distance learning courses.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities at the University of Sheffield. This scholarship cannot be used for Masters programmes split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution.
- This scholarship cannot be used for Crossways courses and Erasmus Mundus courses.
- For tuition fee purposes you must be self-funded and required to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must not be a sponsored student.*
- The University of Sheffield reserves the right to review and change scholarship provision.
This is a competitive process and and not all applications will be successful. A panel of senior members of staff will select the strongest applications and will be looking for the following:
•Applicant has provided a clear rationale for applying for a course in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities at the University of Sheffield.
•Applicant has clearly articulated future ambitions; these goals relate to the degree they have applied for and future research aspirations.
•Applicant has a strong academic profile.
- You must commence your programme in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities at the University of Sheffield in September 2019.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with any available scholarships from the Department you are applying to, subject to not becoming a sponsored student*.
Please use the funding calculator to find out if any scholarships are available from your Department/Faculty.
- You may also apply for an International Merit Postgraduate Scholarship from the University of Sheffield but you will only be eligible to receive one scholarship award.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any funding from an external sponsor**, excluding a loan, which has to be paid back in full.
- If you already hold an equivalent level qualification you are not eligible to receive the scholarship.
- If you are selected for a scholarship and you fail to meet the conditions of your offer you will no longer be eligible to receive the award.
- If you change your Masters programme during your studies your scholarship may be forfeited.
- The decision of the scholarship panel is final. No scholarship applications or decision appeals will be considered.
- All decisions made by the University are made in good faith. If a scholarship is awarded on the basis of predicted grades and you do not achieve the predicted grades or if the information provided is false, the University reserves the right to remove the scholarship.
- If you are selected for the scholarship, you will be required to pay a tuition fee deposit by a fixed date.
For more information please contact the relevant department. If your enquiry is about the scholarship please email Louise Johnson
* Sponsored student is defined as an individual who in receipt of a total sum of funds that matches or exceeds the original tuition fee required by the University.
** Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional; research council; charity; private enterprise; or any similar organisation.