PhD in Philosophy
Thesis title or research topic
Through the Russellian looking glass: a new look at Response Dependence
Paragraph or two about the scope of your research
My thesis asks whether the relationship of our minds to the world might be such as to vindicate a form of epistemological direct realism as advanced by recent Russellian philosophers such Keith Hossack.
Brief personal biography
I am originally from Germany, but have spent most of my adult life in the UK, working (in the Law), and before that studying (Oxford, London).
- BA (Hons) Politics with Economics and Philosophy, London
- MA in Philosophy, Birkbeck, London
- DPhil in Modern History, Oxford
- CPE, Inns of Court School of Law, professional qualification as a barrister
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringe, barrister's chambers.
Your research interests
- Philosophy of Language
- Philosophy of Music
- 'Saying and Doing' in European Journal of Philosophy (2011)
- 'Der deutsche Klang' in Kulturaustausch (2010).
• On proper names in Goettingen, organised by Dr. Textor of King's College, London (August 2011).
Funding awards / grants
Max Planck Gesellschaft.