We are one of the biggest and best providers of engineering research and education in the UK, with over 6,700+ students and an annual research income of over £120m.*
Our expertise is extensive, with seven academic departments and three interdisciplinary programme areas covering all the engineering disciplines.
We ensure we have the world’s experts undertaking research and teaching our students. This is underpinned by a firm commitment to growth and excellence, delivering the best facilities for our students to become the world-class engineers of tomorrow.
Through cutting-edge research and strong partnerships with industry leaders globally, such as Boeing, Siemens and Rolls-Royce, our academics tackle the biggest challenges facing the modern world through an increasingly collaborative and multidisciplinary approach.
We have already experienced great success as a faculty and we intend to build on that. Our vision is to compete to be the best engineering faculty in the UK and to be amongst the best in the world.
Professor Mike Hounslow
Vice-President & Head of Faculty (Engineering)
* Faculty of Engineering and AMRC Group combined
Overview of Faculty of Engineering
- Research-led Learning and Teaching across the breadth of engineering subjects
- 93% of our research rated as 'world leading' or 'internationally excellent' (Latest REF 2014)
- Amongst the top three faculties in the UK for research income
- An enviable and growing portfolio of knowledge transfer activities
- Good interdisciplinary links already established, as exemplified by the Aerospace programme.
The research and teaching comes from the following areas: Aerospace, Automatic Control and Systems Engineering, Bioengineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Civil and Structural Engineering, and Chemical and Biological Engineering.