The modular village is a three storey modular building of approximately 1400 sqm Gross Floor Area (GFA) on our North Campus Car Park.
The purpose of the building is to provide decant accommodation for research laboratories, associated academic offices and research assistant workrooms for use over the five year refurbishment programme to St. George’s Campus.
In addition to the above, the three storey village also houses a communal kitchen, a lift, toilets on all three floors and Wi-Fi, and will prove to be a comfortable place from which to work.
Garden Street is a £2.19 million project creating laboratory space for the Faculty. The building houses several Faculty research groups.
Further details can be found at Garden Street.
Pam Liversidge Building:
The seven storey, 5355 sqm building is sited on the corner of Broad Lane and Newcastle Street and was completed and operational in January.
The activities in the Pam Liversidge Building focus on collaborative, inter-disciplinary research groups and postgraduate learning, to accommodate planned growth and improve the student experience. The new facilities will attract the best in students and staff and, in turn, further enhance the reputation of the University.
St. George's Campus Refurbishment - Phase One:
Phase 1 of the St. George's Campus Refurbishment programme was the refurbishment of floors A& B (part) and M in 1807 The Sir Robert Hadfield Building along with the window replacement in the tower. 1802 Broad Lane was the creation of 6 new offices and a cycle shower room, along with the refurbishment of the engineering workshop. There was also an installation of a new campus infrastructure for heating distribution, hot & cold water distribution and new fibre optic data network.
Phase 1 completed in July, 2014. Level M will remain unoccupied until December, 2014 due to the Phase 2 project.
Chemical and Biological Engineering, Newcastle Street Windows Project:
This project is a window replacement scheme to the Newcastle Street elevation with associated decoration works to window reveals. This completed in November.
The Diamond will accommodate undergraduate teaching for the Faculty within specialist teaching laboratories, lecture theatres and flexible teaching rooms over six floors. The building will also provide substantial mixed-use, student-led learning and teaching spaces some of which will be managed within the ICE facility, extending the University’s popular Information Commons.
The building will be operational for the start of the academic year, September 15/16.
Further information on The Diamond can be found at:
Sir Robert Hadfield Building - Roof Top Plant Project:
This is an abatement project of the two roof top plant rooms on the top of the Hadfield building. This includes the partial demolition of one room and the complete demolition of the smaller room. There are also associated cladding and reported works, along with the stripping out of redundant services in the plant rooms.
There is also some works to floors G, I and J where there have been problems with ventilation and this will be fixed as part of this project.
This project completed in November.
St. George's Campus Refurbishment Programme - Phase Two:
This is the refurbishment to floors K and L in the Hadfield Tower. This will provide specialist and highly serviced laboratory accommodation in addition to postgraduate research space. This project completed in November.