Year of Engineering 2018
What is the Year of Engineering?
The Year of Engineering is a government campaign showcasing engineering achievements and highlighting the value of engineering careers. Aimed at 7-16 year olds the initiative is an opportunity to celebrate the contribution that engineering makes to our country and encourage young people to join the profession.
What are we doing?
Over the course of 2018 we will be taking a closer look at engineering, inspiring the next generation of innovators and problem solvers through activities and events looking at themes such as:
- Students solving real life problems
- Diversity in engineering
- Raising aspirations
How you can get involved:
- Be part of the conversation and spread the word on social media using hashtags: #YoE, #takeacloserlook or #inspireanengineer
- Follow us @SheffUniEng on Twitter and Engineering at Sheffield on Facebook for further updates
- Send us your stories of engineering careers
- Tell us about an event you are holding this year
- Add the Year of Engineering logo to your email signature to show support
- Email us with suggestions or get involved at email@example.com
If you want to know more about the campaign visit yearofengineering.gov.uk or search #YoE on Twitter