Year of Engineering 2018
What is the Year of Engineering?
The Year of Engineering is a government campaign which celebrates the world and wonder of engineering. The initiative is an opportunity to celebrate the contribution that engineering makes to our country and encourage young people to join the profession.
What are we doing?
Over the course of the year, we will be taking a closer look at engineering through activities and events under various themes such as:
- Students solving real life problems
- Diversity in engineering
- Raising aspirations
How you can get involved:
- Be part of the conversation and spread the word on social media - share your own story or that of your students - remember to use hashtags: #YoE, #takeacloserlook or #inspireanengineer
- Follow us: @SheffUniEng on Twitter; Engineering at Sheffield on Facebook; @YoEgovuk - the official Twitter account for the Year of Engineering
- Add the Year of Engineering logo to your email signature to show support
- Provide a case study aimed at young people about what you are doing in researching or teaching
- Join us at an event and play an active role in how engineering is promoted
- Join an ‘open door’ or ambassador programme - arrange for young people and their families to visit your department and see the range of roles first hand
- Email us with suggestions or get involved at email@example.com
If you want to know more about the campaign visit yearofengineering.gov.uk or search #YoE on Twitter