How We Can Help
The Faculty of Engineering has a dedicated Year in Industry team who work alongside departments and the Careers Service to provide advice and support for all students on the year in industry programme.
The team supports students through the placement application process, as well as during the placement year itself. We act as a regular point of contact for students before, during and after their year in industry, as well as liaising with industry partners who employ our students.
Support for students
If you are a student on the year industry course we offer the following support:
- Signposting to year in industry vacancies
- 1-1 appointments with the year in industry team
- Tailored events for students seeking year in industry
- Preparatory sessions and events for students starting their year in industry
- Pastoral care while on placement including the arrangements for your mid-year placement tutor visit
- Support and monitoring whilst on placement
- Administration support for the assessment of your year in industry programme
If you have any questions please email email@example.com