Postgraduate Researcher Day 2017
Disseminating your research
PGR Day 2017 - Thursday 8th June
Fusion & Foundry, Sheffield Students' Union
PGR Day 2017 took place on Thursday 8th June and focused on 'disseminating your research' - helping students to get published, engage a wider audience and become a more effective communicator of their research.
The day featured the following workshops:
- How to publish your paper the quick and easy way
- Networking to secure collaborations
- Disseminating your research to different audiences
- Telling the story of your research
- Communicating research in visual ways
- The research feedback loop in the 21st century
A highlight of our PGR Day was the 'Gone in 60 seconds' competition - where students competed to see who could best convey their research project to a general audience in one minute. This year's winner was Alice Pilborough, pictured left.
Some comments we got from students...
"The Networking session - funny, informative and reassuring!"
"The workshop about how to tell a story was very inspiring"
"[I enjoyed] Talking about my research to different people and exploring ways I could improve that by visualizing, networking and story telling for career success."