In order to promote the development of digital society research, the DSN can support University of Sheffield academics with a small amount of research stimulation money available until 31st July 2018. Applications to this fund are encouraged from those working on topics related to the key themes of the network. Applications for funding should be used to support Faculty research growth in areas related to digital society and impact multiple members of Faculty. Funds may be used:
- To support invited speakers, workshops or seminars that will encourage networking and the development of research ideas and applications;
- For activities that stimulate the writing of research proposals;
- For networking events to promote collaboration and establish relationships, e.g. with external collaborators;
- For faculty-wide training events;
- For limited amounts of RA time to support grant application development.
Please note that money from this fund cannot be used to directly fund research or activities that benefit solely an individual. You must demonstrate how the activity will benefit other members of the Network.
To apply to this fund please download and complete the funding template (accessed through the link below) and email the completed document to email@example.com. The maximum amount available is £1000 (DSN directors will consider applications for more than £1000 in very exceptional circumstances).
Applications will be reviewed by a panel from the DSN Steering Group and a decision communicated to you swiftly. If you are successful in securing funding you will be required to complete a short report detailing expenditure and the outcomes of the activity. Failure to do so will mean that further DSN money will not be made available to you. You will also be required to use DSN publicity materials for the event, to ensure that it is badged as a DSN-funded event. Further details will be made available if you are successful in securing funding.