The University has an insurance policy for loss of it's own cash.
The policy cover ranges from £250 to £250,000. Cover is much higher where cash is stored securely, such as in a locked safe or strong room.
- Cash in excess of £500 must be kept in a locked safe.
- Safe type, make and model number must be advised to the Insurance section if cash values kept within exceed £1,000.
- Transit of cash in excess of £2,500 must not be undertaken by one person unaccompanied.
How to Make a Claim
To make a claim, please contact the insurance team.
It is a condition of the policy that whenever the office, room or area in which a safe or strongroom containing money is situated is unattended:
- the safe or strongroom must be securely looked
- any key and record of a code to the safe or strongroom is removed from the premises or kept on the person of an authorized employee
Need Help or More Information?
Please see our frequently asked questions.