All applications are considered on an individual basis; however we ask that you meet the following criteria:
For International Development programmes:
- Have at least a 2:1 undergraduate degree in an area of the Social Sciences or Medicine
- International students are required to attain IELTS 6.5 overall with at least 6.0 in each component
- For MPH, we accept intercalating medical students - to apply you must have successfully completed at least the equivalent of 3 years of an undergraduate medical degree, and provide at least one satisfactory academic reference
For Polar and Alpine Change programme:
- Have a minimum of a good Upper-Second undergraduate degree showing First-Class potential from a UK University or an international equivalent, in relevant subject areas including (but not restricted to) Physical Geography, Environmental / Earth / Ocean Sciences, Geology, Physics, and Natural Science
- Evidence of engagement with and/or aptitude in geoscientific research - Applicants are urged to justify their credentials in this regard / these regards in their Personal Statement AND upload a Research Document (e.g. undergraduate dissertation report) with their application
- International students are required to attain IELTS 7.0 overall with at least 6.5 in each component
How to Apply
If you wish to join one of our programmes you must submit an online application form via this website.
For information on what you will need to include the following on submission can be found here.
- Previous Education - Have at least a 2:1 undergraduate degree in a related subject or extensive and relevant work experience in the programme area. Academic transcripts and certificates will be required.
- English Language - Evidence that shows you meet the department required standard of English Language ability as outlined above.
- A detailed supporting statement; this statement should incorporate the following information:
- Why you want to study our programme?
- What interests or relevant experience do you have?
- Your career and future aspirations and how our programme can help you achieve these?
- Anything you think is relevant in supporting your application
Academic references - Please ensure that references are submitted as soon as possible as these will be required before the application can be processed. References from relatives will not be accepted.
You should make a formal application via the Postgraduate Online Application system no later than 1st August of the year you intend to study.
Please direct any application queries to the department office (email: email@example.com tel: 0114 222 7900).