- Rowan AV (2018) Mountain glaciers under a changing climate. Geology Today, 34(4), 134-139. View this article in WRRO
- Irvine-Fynn T, Porter PR, Rowan AV, Quincey DJ, Gibson MJ, Bridge JW, Watson CS, Hubbard A & Glasser NF (2017) Supraglacial Ponds Regulate Runoff From Himalayan Debris-Covered Glaciers. Geophysical Research Letters, 44(23), 11894-11904. View this article in WRRO
- Gibson MJ, Glasser NF, Quincey DJ, Mayer C, Rowan AV & Irvine-Fynn TDL (2017) Temporal variations in supraglacial debris distribution on Baltoro Glacier, Karakoram between 2001 and 2012. Geomorphology, 295, 572-585. View this article in WRRO
- Scott Watson C, Quincey DJ, Carrivick JL, Smith MW, Rowan AV & Richardson R (2017) Heterogeneous water storage and thermal regime of supraglacial ponds on debris-covered glaciers. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms. View this article in WRRO
- Koffman TNB, Schaefer JM, Putnam AE, Denton GH, Barrell DJA, Rowan AV, Finkel RC, Rood DH, Schwartz R, Plummer MA & Brocklehurst SH (2017) A beryllium-10 chronology of late-glacial moraines in the upper Rakaia valley, Southern Alps, New Zealand supports Southern- Hemisphere warming during the Younger Dryas. Quaternary Science Reviews, 170, 14-25. View this article in WRRO
- King O, Quincey DJ, Carrivick JL & Rowan AV (2017) Spatial variability in mass loss of glaciers in the Everest region, central Himalayas, between 2000 and 2015. The Cryosphere, 11(1), 407-426. View this article in WRRO
- Rowan AV (2017) The 'Little Ice Age' in the Himalaya: A review of glacier advance driven by Northern Hemisphere temperature change. Holocene, 27(2), 292-308. View this article in WRRO
- Gibson MJ, Glasser NF, Quincey DJ, Rowan AV & Irvine-Fynn TD (2016) Changes in glacier surface cover on Baltoro glacier, Karakoram, north Pakistan, 2001–2012. Journal of Maps, 13(2), 100-108. View this article in WRRO
- Rowan AV, Egholm DL, Quincey DJ & Glasser NF (2015) Modelling the feedbacks between mass balance, ice flow and debris transport to predict the response to climate change of debris-covered glaciers in the Himalaya. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 430, 427-438. View this article in WRRO
- HARRISON S, KNIGHT J & ROWAN AV (2015) The southernmost Quaternary niche glacier system in Great Britain. Journal of Quaternary Science, 30(4), 325-334. View this article in WRRO
- Rowan AV, Brocklehurst SH, Schultz DM, Plummer MA, Anderson LS & Glasser NF (2014) Late Quaternary glacier sensitivity to temperature and precipitation distribution in the Southern Alps of New Zealand. Journal of Geophysical Research: Earth Surface, 119(5), 1064-1081. View this article in WRRO
- Harrison S, Rowan AV, Glasser NF, Knight J, Plummer MA & Mills SC (2014) Little Ice Age glaciers in Britain: Glacier–climate modelling in the Cairngorm Mountains. The Holocene, 24(2), 135-140.
- Putnam AE, Schaefer JM, Denton GH, Barrell DJA, Andersen BG, Koffman TNB, Rowan AV, Finkel RC, Rood DH, Schwartz R, Vandergoes MJ, Plummer MA, Brocklehurst SH, Kelley SE & Ladig KL (2013) Warming and glacier recession in the Rakaia valley, Southern Alps of New Zealand, during Heinrich Stadial 1. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 382, 98-110.
- Rowan AV, Plummer MA, Brocklehurst SH, Jones MA & Schultz DM (2013) Drainage capture and discharge variations driven by glaciation in the Southern Alps, New Zealand. Geology, 41(2), 199-202.
- Rowan AV, Roberts HM, Jones MA, Duller GAT, Covey-Crump SJ & Brocklehurst SH (2012) Optically stimulated luminescence dating of glaciofluvial sediments on the Canterbury Plains, South Island, New Zealand. Quaternary Geochronology, 8, 10-22.
- Watson CS, Quincey DJ, Smith MW, Carrivick JL, Rowan AV & James MR () Quantifying ice cliff evolution with multi-temporal point clouds
on the debris-covered Khumbu Glacier, Nepal. Journal of Glaciology. View this article in WRRO
- Gibson MJ, Irvine-Fynn T, Wagnon P, Rowan AV, Quincey DJ, Homer R & Glasser NF () Variations in near‐surface debris temperature through the summer monsoon on Khumbu Glacier, Nepal Himalaya. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms. View this article in WRRO
Conference proceedings papers