Completed PhD students
- 2012 Liberty Mukapati (co-supervised with Dr Deborah Sporton)
Reparation and Inequality through different Diasporas: The case of the Zimbabwean Diaspora in the United Kingdom and South Africa
Current PhD students
- Ana Laura Zavala Guillén 'Geography of Loss: Land dispossession in the context of the internal armed conflict in Colombia', University Prize Scholarship, SLAS (Society for Latin American Studies)
- Farouk Umar 'Profiling Access to Health Care Facilities in Kano State, Nigeria', funded by Bayero University, Nigeria
- Barry Hunter "Between a Rock and a Hard Place: Land Use Planning in the Traditional Territory of the Athabasca Denesuline of Northern Canada"
- Elizabeth Kamunge "The Politics and Poetics of the Black Female Experience of Displacement: A Case Study of Food Narratives by Asylum-Seeking, Black African Women in Sheffield"
- Sarah Peck "Civil society and Participatory Governance in Commonwealth Democracies", ESRC Collaborative studentship with the Commonwealth Foundation
- Chris Flower "Pastoral food security in East Africa: Shifts in livelihood, cultural and natural resource governance", ESRC Collaborative studentship with the United Nations International Land Coalition, Rome.
- Martha Avalos-Perez "Constructions of Zapatista nationhood", Mexican Government Scholarship
Dan is happy to talk to those interested in carrying out doctoral research related to his areas of expertise.