Geography Student Photo Competition 2016-17
It's back! The annual Photography Competition
- Semester 2 2017, deadline 30th May 2017
There are two prizes for each competition:
- First: £50 Voucher
- Second: £25 Voucher
Guidance on Subject of Photographs
- Students undertaking research or fieldwork
- Geographical landscapes (UK or abroad)
- Geography field classes
- What Geography means to me
- Life as a Geography student
About the Competition
- Open to all students studying Geography or Environmental Science at the University of Sheffield - undergraduates, taught postgraduates (Masters) and research postgraduates
- Images have to be of sufficient size and quality to be reproduced at at least A4 size
This normally means around 5 megapixels or higher
- The photographs must be all your own work, and everyone featured in the photo should be happy with it being entered
You MUST own the copyright of all entries; people featured in the photo must be aware where and how it might be used.
- Entering a photo gives the Department the right to use that image
By entering, you grant the department a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable right to use the image - but you still own the image. Submission terms and conditions are below.
- All entries must be accompanied with a caption describing the image, date and location
- The winning photos will be displayed in the department
How to enter
Simply send your photograph, category and caption information to: email@example.com
There's no limit to the number of entries; entries that were submitted in previous competitions will not be counted and each photo must be submitted as a separate email
Submission Terms & Conditions
By submitting your contribution you agree to grant the University of Sheffield a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution.
By submitting your contribution, you warrant that your contribution:
- is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the University of Sheffield for all the purposes specified above
- is not defamatory
- does not infringe any law
- indemnify University of Sheffield against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by University of Sheffield as a result of your breach of the above warranty
- waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication by the University of Sheffield and the purposes specified above.