Venue, travel and security
Graduation ceremonies are held on central campus in Convocation Hall, The Octagon Centre.
Travel and parking
Full address of the venue:
Convocation Hall, Octagon Centre
University of Sheffield
Sheffield, S10 2TN
We recommend using public transport or park and ride to get to graduation.
Parking on campus is limited. We recommend the following car parks if you are travelling by car:
- QPark Durham Road site (560 spaces), next to the Octagon
- QPark Rockingham (530 spaces), approximately half a mile from the Octagon Centre.
- A map detailing all the car parks in the city centre can be found here.
Sufficient parking spaces cannot be guaranteed, so leave plenty of time if you must bring a car.
Due to the limited amount of space available we regret that we are unable to allocate parking spaces for disabled graduands or guests. If your guests have mobility difficulties, we would recommend that these guests are dropped off at the Octagon Centre prior to parking the car.
The safety of visitors to the University is our highest priority. With this in mind, the following procedures will be in place:
- Bags will be searched. No bag larger than a small handbag will be allowed into the building. Please do not bring large bags or suitcases to the Octagon Centre. There will be person searches on entry.
- We would ask that guests be patient and understand that these security procedures may impact on queue times and/or the prohibition of items permitted in the Octagon Centre.
- Alcohol is not to be brought in to the Octagon Centre and anyone who appears to be under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted entry.
- Please arrive as near as possible to the published opening times. Please bear in mind that you will need to arrive, robed, at the published time for your ceremony.
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.