Out of Hours Services Nights,
Weekends & Bank Holidays

1. Telephone the University Health Service (UHS) on 22 22 100 (24 hours).
When the Surgery is closed, a doctor is always on call for emergencies.
We use the Out of Hours Collaborative and the new NHS 111 service.
Your call will either be answered by Local Care Direct before being
triaged by a Doctor (it will not be a UHS Doctor who deals with your
call), or alternatively you may be prompted to redial 111 who will then
direct you to the relevant service.

2. Dial 111 if your medical need is urgent but does not require
Emergency 999 assistance.

3. Go to the NHS Walk-In Centre located at the Sheffield City GP
Health Centre
on Broad Lane, Sheffield open from 8.00am – 10.00pm
(0114 241 2700).

4. The Minor Injuries Unit is located at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital
open from 8.00 am – 8.00 pm, 7 days a week providing a nurse led
service for minor injuries for adults (over 16). (0114 271 2071)

5. Seek the advice of a pharmacist at any chemist/pharmacy shop, for
remedies for coughs, colds, stomach upsets and skin irritation and
other minor ailments.

6. The NHS Choices website can help you manage self-limiting
minor illnesses.