The Department of History Y12/L6 History Essay prize
The Department of History is proud to sponsor a Y12/L6 History essay prize competition. The competition is open to Year 12 or Lower Sixth students from schools and colleges anywhere in the UK (a maximum of two applicants per school/college per year).
There is a prize of £50 for the winning essay, and two runner-up essays will receive commendations.
The essays, of up to 1,500 words, must be on topics from the list provided below.
The intention behind the prize is:
- to give A-level History students an opportunity to write about a topic that interests them;
- to encourage them to develop independent study skills;
- to provide schools and colleges with a 'stretch and challenge' exercise for their most talented students;
- to recognise the talents of aspiring History students.
Please note that we are unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful entries. Entrants must be in Y12 or Lower 6th, and be studying A-level History or equivalent.
How to apply
- The deadline for 2017-18 is 5pm, Wednesday 18 April 2018.
- They can be sent by post to the Department of History, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Essays must come with a completed cover sheet.
- No more than two applications can be received per school and college.
- Your essay must not be on a topic that you have studied in the year you apply.
Essay Prize Winners
Contact the Department if you would like to find out more about the History Essay Prize Competition.
email@example.com | +44 (0)114 222 2555