- Reverend. The New Seminary, ordained interfaith minister, non-degree program, New York, New York; 2002
- M.A. History/Museum and Archival Administration, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts; 1984
- B.A. Anthropology, Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, New York; 1977
This dissertation examines the evolution of extralegal, religious, and legal discipline in an agrarian Massachusetts community from 1772 to 1815. It combines community and case study approaches to explore how three forms of community control interact and interrelate in a geographic community with a long tradition of religious plurality.
- Archives Project Co-founder, Abbot Academy Archives Project, Phillips Academy Archives, Andover, MA; 2014-2017. Established, funded, and digitized archival collection for a historically significant girl’s school active from 1828 to 1973. Second phase planning, 2017 to present.
- Archivist/Church Historian, First Congregational Church (founded 1733), Harvard, MA; 2009-present. Field questions for members and external researchers.
- Research Resource, Harvard Historical Society, Harvard, MA, 2012-present. Field questions for staff, members, and external researchers on town history relating to religion and law; 2012-present
- Illustrated Lectures on Ph.D. and M.A. academic research given at local educational non-profit institutions; 2004, 2013
- Historical Editor, "Patty Rogers' Journal: March 1 to April 9, 1785", AAS, Worcester, MA; Fall 1983
- Editor, The New England Quarterly: A Historical Review of New England Life and Letters, Boston, MA; Summer 1983
- Collections Management Intern, North Atlantic Historic Preservation Center, National Park Service, Charlestown Navy Yard, Boston, MA; 6 months 1983
- Assistant to the Director, Worcester Historical Museum, Worcester, MA; 1976,1983
- Historical Commission Researcher, Harvard, MA and Barre, MA; 1976-1978
- Principle Technical Writer, Ab Initio, Lexington, MA; 2003-present
- Technical Writer/Software Developer, various companies, MA; 1985-2002
- Acquisitions Assistant, American Antiquarian Society (AAS), Worcester, MA; 1980-1983
- Town Historian, Town of Barre, MA; my primary source research and writing was the basis for a 1992 published history; 1978-1980
- Cataloger, Historical Society of Saratoga Springs, Saratoga Springs, NY; 1977
Wikipedia editor, various article related to dissertation, religious biography, National Historic Places, and Abbot Academy.
|Affiliations and Awards
- American Association for State and Local History (former member)
- Registered clergy in New York City and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial, Washington, DC, museum founding member
- Full tuition fellow, Northeastern University
- Dean's List, Departmental Honors, Periclean Honor Society, Skidmore College