Mandatory ED&I training
We are proud to have a diverse community of staff and students at our University and in order to ensure that we enable our members to succeed to their full potential, we want all of our staff to have a baseline knowledge of Equality Diversity & Inclusion.
This is why we are introducing a new ED&I e-learning course which is now mandatory for all staff and PGRs.
The course covers our legal requirements and offers an introduction into how ED&I can affect our University.
- The development course is hosted on a platform called Thinkific and should take around 30-45 minutes to complete.
- When accessing the platform for the first time, you are required to create an account.
- It is important that you use your University email address when creating your account on the platform so that we can identify who has completed it.
- Remember to use a strong password that is different to the ones you use for your University accounts or other personal accounts.
- We recommend you use Google Chrome or Safari as your internet browser.
- You can increase the font by zooming in your browser window.
For now, we ask departments and managers to promote this training to staff and PGRs. In the new year, we will send a gentle reminder to all those who have not completed it. After that, we will provide a report to departments to that they can gently remind staff on a local level.
Please email HREquality@sheffield.ac.uk if you have any comments or thoughts on the contents of this course.